Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Sir...will upgrade your room at no extra cost...

Recently I was in Batu Gajah Perak because of work assignment at UTP - Tronoh - what an ulu place to be..No hotel nearby only a few chalets, inside a golf resort in Batu Gajah.In fact this is my first trip on my own & I was there before in a coach trip - business outing with other Managers.

My secretary make a booking for 4 nites at the resort. It was confirmed immediately and I have to pay by banking in to their account 50% of the charges which amounted to RM510.00 No problem.They confirmed it and stated that on the second nite I am being upgraded to a VIP Room at no extra cost because there is already prior booking to this.It sound good and in fact I asked it is a hastle to shift rooms and then on 3rd nite shift back to the chalet.Then they say it is ok they will help.

So on the second day morning,I cleared all my stuff and keep it in my car and returned the key.I asked for the VIP Room key so that in the evening I do not have to come to the Reception to collect my key.But then the frontdesk said - will get it for me if I can wait..OKlah I said nevermind & I collect it in the evening..

At about 645pm I am back at the Resort after a long day work - interview graduates for my co....SO they issued me with the key and offer to send me to the VIP Room.So Ok I said.I look at the key it is stated as VVIP Room.I followed the officer & I let him go after he showed me from a distance because I need to park my car ...space a problem there....

In my mind my previous experience being upgraded to a Presidential Suit at Hotel Istana was a memorable experience.

I look for the room it was stated VVIP Room.When I opened the door..wow....shit..it is lounge where sofas placed all around ( quite a big room ) & in the middle they put a single bed in front of a TV.

How come..in the interest of profit such professional could exist in this industry.Where is the customer service?The lounge is besides a bar.Noisy & it is not design as a sleeping place and at night no one around there as the bar is closed.

I went back straight to the reception counter and demanded them to make good the situation.The front desk was very helpful & but most hotel in town were fully booked.They found an apartment where the retal is RM380.I told them they will have to pay the difference - I am paying RM255 per nite.I was furious.The Area Sales manager by the name of one Mr Patrick refused to pay but the front desk then check and finalised the arranggement at a three star hotel where the hotel charges being billed direct to them....It all settled by about 10 & in fact I got lost along the way.

Well I requested for some form of compensation for all these hastle & but was turn down.At least I should get one nite free stay...
Then on the third day I decided to not do any dealing with this kind of unprofessional people & I stayed at other hotel.I dont think I will ever step in to this resort anymore.The resort who has no respect for their customers.....
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment